[clam-devel] Freeze for 1.4.0
David García Garzón
2010-03-04 16:21:55 UTC
Lads, it is time for a release. Testfarm is green, changelogs are updated,
cross your fingers and hold your commits for a while. Say cheeeeeese.

--
David Garc?a Garz?n
(Work) david dot garcia at upf anotherdot edu
http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-04 21:14:42 UTC
A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 17:21:55, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> Lads, it is time for a release. Testfarm is green, changelogs are updated,
> cross your fingers and hold your commits for a while. Say cheeeeeese.

1.4.0 'tagged' as r14011
Still building binaries...

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 09:35:34 UTC
A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 22:14:42, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 17:21:55, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > Lads, it is time for a release. Testfarm is green, changelogs are
> > updated, cross your fingers and hold your commits for a while. Say
> > cheeeeeese.
>
> 1.4.0 'tagged' as r14011
> Still building binaries...

Failed. Second try today.

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 11:48:10 UTC
A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 22:14:42, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 17:21:55, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > Lads, it is time for a release. Testfarm is green, changelogs are
> > updated, cross your fingers and hold your commits for a while. Say
> > cheeeeeese.
>
> 1.4.0 'tagged' as r14011
> Still building binaries...

Failed. Current candidate r14018

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 17:58:30 UTC
A Divendres 05 Mar? 2010 12:48:10, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 22:14:42, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 17:21:55, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > > Lads, it is time for a release. Testfarm is green, changelogs are
> > > updated, cross your fingers and hold your commits for a while. Say
> > > cheeeeeese.
> >
> > 1.4.0 'tagged' as r14011
> > Still building binaries...
>
> Failed. Current candidate r14018

Got it! finally r14032 is 1.4.0!!!!!

Source tarballs are available at the download page. Binaries will be there in
short.

I was not able to build debian package for chordata because imagemagick svg to
xpm conversions is broken in sid. Not a big problem though.

I also had to disable osc plugin as it was not direct to set it up so that its
dependency on the sndfile plugin library can be fullfilled without installing it
in the system. Anyway, packaging can be fixed later and it is a miss that can
stop the release. It took for so longer.

Let's do screenshots, videos and the announcement!

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
Toni
2010-03-06 11:18:30 UTC
Am Freitag, 5. M?rz 2010 schrieb David Garc?a Garz?n:
> A Divendres 05 Mar? 2010 12:48:10, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 22:14:42, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > > A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 17:21:55, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > >
> > > 1.4.0 'tagged' as r14011
> > > Still building binaries...
> >
> > Failed. Current candidate r14018
>
> Got it! finally r14032 is 1.4.0!!!!!
>
> Source tarballs are available at the download page. Binaries will be there
> in short.
>
> I was not able to build debian package for chordata because imagemagick svg
> to xpm conversions is broken in sid. Not a big problem though.
>
> I also had to disable osc plugin as it was not direct to set it up so that
> its dependency on the sndfile plugin library can be fullfilled without
> installing it in the system. Anyway, packaging can be fixed later and it is
> a miss that can stop the release. It took for so longer.
>
> Let's do screenshots, videos and the announcement!

could you please add a option "libsuffix" to the scons options ?
e.g.
scons libsuffix="" (32bit)
scons libsuffix="64" (64bit)

for SuSE the lib-installation directory is /usr/lib/64 for libraries on 64bit
machines, same for /usr/lib64/pkgconfig

workaround for the moment:
sed -i -e 's|/lib|/%{_lib}|g' scons/libs/clam_build_helpers.py

packages are uploaded to our Build-Server :)

second note:
in the desktop-files a extension for the icon is not allowed any longer :)

--
have fun
Toni
michael noble
2010-03-06 15:11:30 UTC
hi folks,

Not sure if this is a general issue or an issue with Toni's opensuse
package, but it appears the midi sink and midi source processings are
nowhere to be found in the 1.4 network editor.

any ideas?

-michael
Toni
2010-03-06 15:39:13 UTC
Am Samstag, 6. M?rz 2010 schrieb michael noble:
> hi folks,
>
> Not sure if this is a general issue or an issue with Toni's opensuse
> package, but it appears the midi sink and midi source processings are
> nowhere to be found in the 1.4 network editor.
>
> any ideas?
yes, give more informations :)

I guess you have installed the SuSE packages from packman ?
which version and for which architecture ?
rpm -qa | grep clam

Btw: this is a develop-mailing-list.

--
have fun
Toni
David García Garzón
2010-03-06 19:53:51 UTC
A Dissabte 06 Mar? 2010 16:39:13, Toni va escriure:
> Am Samstag, 6. M?rz 2010 schrieb michael noble:
> > hi folks,
> >
> > Not sure if this is a general issue or an issue with Toni's opensuse
> > package, but it appears the midi sink and midi source processings are
> > nowhere to be found in the 1.4 network editor.
> >
> > any ideas?
>
> yes, give more informations :)
>
> I guess you have installed the SuSE packages from packman ?
> which version and for which architecture ?
> rpm -qa | grep clam
>
> Btw: this is a develop-mailing-list.
>
> > -michael

It is likely to be related. NetworkEditor looks for plugins at /usr/lib/clam
if SuSe packaging install them in /usr/lib64/clam, it wont work. But if that
is the problem, it can be worked around by defining the CLAM_PLUGIN_PATH
environ properly.

Is there a separate package for the plugins in SuSE?

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
michael noble
2010-03-07 04:23:59 UTC
> It is likely to be related. NetworkEditor looks for plugins at /usr/lib/clam
> if SuSe packaging install them in /usr/lib64/clam, it wont work. But if that
> is the problem, it can be worked around by defining the CLAM_PLUGIN_PATH
> environ properly.
>
> Is there a separate package for the plugins in SuSE?

I imagine Toni would be the person to ask, but it appears there are no
plugins installed at all. This has actually been a problem for me
under openSUSE in all versions of CLAM I've tried - the plugins have
never been available in the NetworkEditor.

Anyway, after checking, there is no /usr/lib/clam (not running x86-64
here). After building the plugins tree separately from the latest
source tarball, I now have a fully populated processing tree in the
NetworkEditor.

-michael
Toni
2010-03-07 09:06:14 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb michael noble:
> > It is likely to be related. NetworkEditor looks for plugins at
> > /usr/lib/clam if SuSe packaging install them in /usr/lib64/clam, it wont
> > work. But if that is the problem, it can be worked around by defining the
> > CLAM_PLUGIN_PATH environ properly.
> >
> > Is there a separate package for the plugins in SuSE?
>
> I imagine Toni would be the person to ask, but it appears there are no
> plugins installed at all. This has actually been a problem for me
> under openSUSE in all versions of CLAM I've tried - the plugins have
> never been available in the NetworkEditor.
>
> Anyway, after checking, there is no /usr/lib/clam (not running x86-64
> here). After building the plugins tree separately from the latest
> source tarball, I now have a fully populated processing tree in the
> NetworkEditor.

this is unpossible, the clam-networkeditor package contains:
%{_libdir}/clam/libclam_qtmonitors_plugin.so
/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/libCLAMWidgets.so

with _libdir ==> /usr/lib or /usr/lib64

check it with rpm -ql clam-networkeditor

--
have fun
Toni
michael noble
2010-03-07 10:26:24 UTC
Hi Toni,

> this is unpossible, the clam-networkeditor package contains:
> %{_libdir}/clam/libclam_qtmonitors_plugin.so
> /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/libCLAMWidgets.so
>
> with _libdir ==> /usr/lib or /usr/lib64
>
> check it with rpm -ql clam-networkeditor

So far as I can tell, these are not the actual plugin files. The
plugins seem to be in the plugins folder in the CLAM source main
folder. I couldn't find a scons script to build them, so I assume they
have to be built separately. There are a number of folders in there,
and each has its own scons script. I built all but one manually, as
the scons script failed. After running those scons scripts I now have
%{_libdir}/clam/ and it contains the following files:

libclam_continuous_excitation_synth_plugin.so
libclam_filterspkg_plugin.so
libclam_guitareffects_plugin.so
libclam_midi_plugin.so
libclam_osc_plugin.so
libclam_resampling_plugin.so
libclam_samplebysample_plugin.so
libclam_sndfile_plugin.so
libclam_spacialization_plugin.so
libclam_speech_plugin.so

The same scons scripts also install files in %{_libdir} to match each
of these plugin libraries. I imagine these are what are packaged as
clam-plugins in the debian/ubuntu packages.

Anyway, these are the files that are missing at the moment.

best regards

-michael
Toni
2010-03-07 14:41:37 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb michael noble:
> Hi Toni,
>
> > this is unpossible, the clam-networkeditor package contains:
> > %{_libdir}/clam/libclam_qtmonitors_plugin.so
> > /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/libCLAMWidgets.so
> >
> > with _libdir ==> /usr/lib or /usr/lib64
> >
> > check it with rpm -ql clam-networkeditor
>
> So far as I can tell, these are not the actual plugin files. The
> plugins seem to be in the plugins folder in the CLAM source main
> folder. I couldn't find a scons script to build them, so I assume they
> have to be built separately. There are a number of folders in there,
> and each has its own scons script. I built all but one manually, as
> the scons script failed. After running those scons scripts I now have
> %{_libdir}/clam/ and it contains the following files:
>
> libclam_continuous_excitation_synth_plugin.so
> libclam_filterspkg_plugin.so
> libclam_guitareffects_plugin.so
> libclam_midi_plugin.so
> libclam_osc_plugin.so
> libclam_resampling_plugin.so
> libclam_samplebysample_plugin.so
> libclam_sndfile_plugin.so
> libclam_spacialization_plugin.so
> libclam_speech_plugin.so

ah :)

so as always DIY ...

ok, I'll try to build those plugins as clam-plugin sub-package. Would be nice
to have such things in the readme or INSTALL, or even better the main scons
call should trigger this build.

The order to build those plugins is also important, as they depend on some
other plugins.

The continuous_excitation_synth_plugin is not compilable at the moment and the
emporal_oboeSynthesizer plugin needs a additional #include <cstdlib> (atof) .

> The same scons scripts also install files in %{_libdir} to match each
> of these plugin libraries. I imagine these are what are packaged as
> clam-plugins in the debian/ubuntu packages.
>
> Anyway, these are the files that are missing at the moment.
yep.

> best regards
>
> -michael

have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 16:10:00 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb michael noble:
> Hi Toni,
>
> > this is unpossible, the clam-networkeditor package contains:
> > %{_libdir}/clam/libclam_qtmonitors_plugin.so
> > /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/libCLAMWidgets.so
> >
> > with _libdir ==> /usr/lib or /usr/lib64
> >
> > check it with rpm -ql clam-networkeditor
>
> So far as I can tell, these are not the actual plugin files. The
> plugins seem to be in the plugins folder in the CLAM source main
> folder. I couldn't find a scons script to build them, so I assume they
> have to be built separately. There are a number of folders in there,
> and each has its own scons script. I built all but one manually, as
> the scons script failed. After running those scons scripts I now have
> %{_libdir}/clam/ and it contains the following files:
>
> libclam_continuous_excitation_synth_plugin.so
> libclam_filterspkg_plugin.so
> libclam_guitareffects_plugin.so
> libclam_midi_plugin.so
> libclam_osc_plugin.so
> libclam_resampling_plugin.so
> libclam_samplebysample_plugin.so
> libclam_sndfile_plugin.so
> libclam_spacialization_plugin.so
> libclam_speech_plugin.so
>
> The same scons scripts also install files in %{_libdir} to match each
> of these plugin libraries. I imagine these are what are packaged as
> clam-plugins in the debian/ubuntu packages.
>
> Anyway, these are the files that are missing at the moment.

* new libclam-* packages uploaded
* removed all 64bit packages as they are not functional
* added the clam-plugin sub-package.

Two plugins are missing:
continuousExcitationSynthesizer and temporal_oboeSynthesizer

temporal_oboeSynthesizer has a linker error:
undefined reference to `CLAM::Spectrum::MagPhase2Complex()'
(perhase a --as-needed error ?)

and continuousExcitationSynthesizer has a mass of unresolved symbols.

I'm to lazy to investigate this today :)

--
have fun
Toni
Pau Arum’í
2010-03-07 16:49:25 UTC
En/na Toni ha escrit:
> Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb michael noble:
>
>> Hi Toni,
>>

>>> this is unpossible, the clam-networkeditor package contains:
>>> %{_libdir}/clam/libclam_qtmonitors_plugin.so
>>> /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/libCLAMWidgets.so
>>>
>>> with _libdir ==> /usr/lib or /usr/lib64
>>>
>>> check it with rpm -ql clam-networkeditor
>>>
>> So far as I can tell, these are not the actual plugin files. The
>> plugins seem to be in the plugins folder in the CLAM source main
>> folder. I couldn't find a scons script to build them, so I assume they
>> have to be built separately. There are a number of folders in there,
>> and each has its own scons script. I built all but one manually, as
>> the scons script failed. After running those scons scripts I now have
>> %{_libdir}/clam/ and it contains the following files:
>>
>> libclam_continuous_excitation_synth_plugin.so
>> libclam_filterspkg_plugin.so
>> libclam_guitareffects_plugin.so
>> libclam_midi_plugin.so
>> libclam_osc_plugin.so
>> libclam_resampling_plugin.so
>> libclam_samplebysample_plugin.so
>> libclam_sndfile_plugin.so
>> libclam_spacialization_plugin.so
>> libclam_speech_plugin.so
>>
>> The same scons scripts also install files in %{_libdir} to match each
>> of these plugin libraries. I imagine these are what are packaged as
>> clam-plugins in the debian/ubuntu packages.
>>
>> Anyway, these are the files that are missing at the moment.
>>

> * new libclam-* packages uploaded
> * removed all 64bit packages as they are not functional
> * added the clam-plugin sub-package.

Thanks a lot, Toni!

> Two plugins are missing:
> continuousExcitationSynthesizer and temporal_oboeSynthesizer
>
> temporal_oboeSynthesizer has a linker error:
> undefined reference to `CLAM::Spectrum::MagPhase2Complex()'
> (perhase a --as-needed error ?)
>
> and continuousExcitationSynthesizer has a mass of unresolved symbols.

This plugin is in experimental state, we (devs) will take care of it
next week.
BTW, I think you didn't include "chordata" in the list of packaged apps.
Chordata analyses the harmony of a given audio file and is very
user-friendly, so I think it would be interesting to have it in your repo.

Best
Toni
2010-03-07 17:49:52 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb Pau Arum??:
> En/na Toni ha escrit:
<snip>

> > * new libclam-* packages uploaded
> > * removed all 64bit packages as they are not functional
> > * added the clam-plugin sub-package.
>
> Thanks a lot, Toni!
you're welcome

> > Two plugins are missing:
> > continuousExcitationSynthesizer and temporal_oboeSynthesizer
> >
> > temporal_oboeSynthesizer has a linker error:
> > undefined reference to `CLAM::Spectrum::MagPhase2Complex()'
> > (perhase a --as-needed error ?)
> >
> > and continuousExcitationSynthesizer has a mass of unresolved symbols.
>
> This plugin is in experimental state, we (devs) will take care of it
> next week.
ok, so I'll wait for a corrected version :)

if it is helpfull for you I could send you the build-logs with the errors ?

> BTW, I think you didn't include "chordata" in the list of packaged apps.
> Chordata analyses the harmony of a given audio file and is very
> user-friendly, so I think it would be interesting to have it in your repo.
done, I named it with prefix clam as the other apps:
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-chordata

> Best

have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 17:49:52 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb Pau Arum??:
> En/na Toni ha escrit:
<snip>

> > * new libclam-* packages uploaded
> > * removed all 64bit packages as they are not functional
> > * added the clam-plugin sub-package.
>
> Thanks a lot, Toni!
you're welcome

> > Two plugins are missing:
> > continuousExcitationSynthesizer and temporal_oboeSynthesizer
> >
> > temporal_oboeSynthesizer has a linker error:
> > undefined reference to `CLAM::Spectrum::MagPhase2Complex()'
> > (perhase a --as-needed error ?)
> >
> > and continuousExcitationSynthesizer has a mass of unresolved symbols.
>
> This plugin is in experimental state, we (devs) will take care of it
> next week.
ok, so I'll wait for a corrected version :)

if it is helpfull for you I could send you the build-logs with the errors ?

> BTW, I think you didn't include "chordata" in the list of packaged apps.
> Chordata analyses the harmony of a given audio file and is very
> user-friendly, so I think it would be interesting to have it in your repo.
done, I named it with prefix clam as the other apps:
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-chordata

> Best

have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 17:49:52 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb Pau Arum??:
> En/na Toni ha escrit:
<snip>

> > * new libclam-* packages uploaded
> > * removed all 64bit packages as they are not functional
> > * added the clam-plugin sub-package.
>
> Thanks a lot, Toni!
you're welcome

> > Two plugins are missing:
> > continuousExcitationSynthesizer and temporal_oboeSynthesizer
> >
> > temporal_oboeSynthesizer has a linker error:
> > undefined reference to `CLAM::Spectrum::MagPhase2Complex()'
> > (perhase a --as-needed error ?)
> >
> > and continuousExcitationSynthesizer has a mass of unresolved symbols.
>
> This plugin is in experimental state, we (devs) will take care of it
> next week.
ok, so I'll wait for a corrected version :)

if it is helpfull for you I could send you the build-logs with the errors ?

> BTW, I think you didn't include "chordata" in the list of packaged apps.
> Chordata analyses the harmony of a given audio file and is very
> user-friendly, so I think it would be interesting to have it in your repo.
done, I named it with prefix clam as the other apps:
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-chordata

> Best

have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 17:49:52 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb Pau Arum??:
> En/na Toni ha escrit:
<snip>

> > * new libclam-* packages uploaded
> > * removed all 64bit packages as they are not functional
> > * added the clam-plugin sub-package.
>
> Thanks a lot, Toni!
you're welcome

> > Two plugins are missing:
> > continuousExcitationSynthesizer and temporal_oboeSynthesizer
> >
> > temporal_oboeSynthesizer has a linker error:
> > undefined reference to `CLAM::Spectrum::MagPhase2Complex()'
> > (perhase a --as-needed error ?)
> >
> > and continuousExcitationSynthesizer has a mass of unresolved symbols.
>
> This plugin is in experimental state, we (devs) will take care of it
> next week.
ok, so I'll wait for a corrected version :)

if it is helpfull for you I could send you the build-logs with the errors ?

> BTW, I think you didn't include "chordata" in the list of packaged apps.
> Chordata analyses the harmony of a given audio file and is very
> user-friendly, so I think it would be interesting to have it in your repo.
done, I named it with prefix clam as the other apps:
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-chordata

> Best

have fun
Toni
michael noble
2010-03-08 00:48:15 UTC
> * new libclam-* packages uploaded
> * removed all 64bit packages as they are not functional
> * added the clam-plugin sub-package.

Fantastic. Your efforts are much appreciated.

-m
Pau Arum’í
2010-03-07 16:49:25 UTC
En/na Toni ha escrit:

michael noble
2010-03-08 00:48:15 UTC

-m
Pau Arum’í
2010-03-07 16:49:25 UTC
En/na Toni ha escrit:

michael noble
2010-03-08 00:48:15 UTC

-m
Pau Arum’í
2010-03-07 16:49:25 UTC
En/na Toni ha escrit:

michael noble
2010-03-08 00:48:15 UTC

-m
Toni
2010-03-07 14:41:37 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb michael noble:
> Hi Toni,
>
> > this is unpossible, the clam-networkeditor package contains:
> > %{_libdir}/clam/libclam_qtmonitors_plugin.so
> > /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/libCLAMWidgets.so
> >
> > with _libdir ==> /usr/lib or /usr/lib64
> >
> > check it with rpm -ql clam-networkeditor
>
> So far as I can tell, these are not the actual plugin files. The
> plugins seem to be in the plugins folder in the CLAM source main
> folder. I couldn't find a scons script to build them, so I assume they
> have to be built separately. There are a number of folders in there,
> and each has its own scons script. I built all but one manually, as
> the scons script failed. After running those scons scripts I now have
> %{_libdir}/clam/ and it contains the following files:
>
> libclam_continuous_excitation_synth_plugin.so
> libclam_filterspkg_plugin.so
> libclam_guitareffects_plugin.so
> libclam_midi_plugin.so
> libclam_osc_plugin.so
> libclam_resampling_plugin.so
> libclam_samplebysample_plugin.so
> libclam_sndfile_plugin.so
> libclam_spacialization_plugin.so
> libclam_speech_plugin.so

ah :)

so as always DIY ...

ok, I'll try to build those plugins as clam-plugin sub-package. Would be nice
to have such things in the readme or INSTALL, or even better the main scons
call should trigger this build.

The order to build those plugins is also important, as they depend on some
other plugins.

The continuous_excitation_synth_plugin is not compilable at the moment and the
emporal_oboeSynthesizer plugin needs a additional #include <cstdlib> (atof) .

> The same scons scripts also install files in %{_libdir} to match each
> of these plugin libraries. I imagine these are what are packaged as
> clam-plugins in the debian/ubuntu packages.
>
> Anyway, these are the files that are missing at the moment.
yep.

> best regards
>
> -michael

have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 16:10:00 UTC

--
have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 14:41:37 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb michael noble:
> Hi Toni,
>
> > this is unpossible, the clam-networkeditor package contains:
> > %{_libdir}/clam/libclam_qtmonitors_plugin.so
> > /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/libCLAMWidgets.so
> >
> > with _libdir ==> /usr/lib or /usr/lib64
> >
> > check it with rpm -ql clam-networkeditor
>
> So far as I can tell, these are not the actual plugin files. The
> plugins seem to be in the plugins folder in the CLAM source main
> folder. I couldn't find a scons script to build them, so I assume they
> have to be built separately. There are a number of folders in there,
> and each has its own scons script. I built all but one manually, as
> the scons script failed. After running those scons scripts I now have
> %{_libdir}/clam/ and it contains the following files:
>
> libclam_continuous_excitation_synth_plugin.so
> libclam_filterspkg_plugin.so
> libclam_guitareffects_plugin.so
> libclam_midi_plugin.so
> libclam_osc_plugin.so
> libclam_resampling_plugin.so
> libclam_samplebysample_plugin.so
> libclam_sndfile_plugin.so
> libclam_spacialization_plugin.so
> libclam_speech_plugin.so

ah :)

so as always DIY ...

ok, I'll try to build those plugins as clam-plugin sub-package. Would be nice
to have such things in the readme or INSTALL, or even better the main scons
call should trigger this build.

The order to build those plugins is also important, as they depend on some
other plugins.

The continuous_excitation_synth_plugin is not compilable at the moment and the
emporal_oboeSynthesizer plugin needs a additional #include <cstdlib> (atof) .

> The same scons scripts also install files in %{_libdir} to match each
> of these plugin libraries. I imagine these are what are packaged as
> clam-plugins in the debian/ubuntu packages.
>
> Anyway, these are the files that are missing at the moment.
yep.

> best regards
>
> -michael

have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 16:10:00 UTC

--
have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 14:41:37 UTC
Am Sonntag, 7. M?rz 2010 schrieb michael noble:
> Hi Toni,
>
> > this is unpossible, the clam-networkeditor package contains:
> > %{_libdir}/clam/libclam_qtmonitors_plugin.so
> > /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/libCLAMWidgets.so
> >
> > with _libdir ==> /usr/lib or /usr/lib64
> >
> > check it with rpm -ql clam-networkeditor
>
> So far as I can tell, these are not the actual plugin files. The
> plugins seem to be in the plugins folder in the CLAM source main
> folder. I couldn't find a scons script to build them, so I assume they
> have to be built separately. There are a number of folders in there,
> and each has its own scons script. I built all but one manually, as
> the scons script failed. After running those scons scripts I now have
> %{_libdir}/clam/ and it contains the following files:
>
> libclam_continuous_excitation_synth_plugin.so
> libclam_filterspkg_plugin.so
> libclam_guitareffects_plugin.so
> libclam_midi_plugin.so
> libclam_osc_plugin.so
> libclam_resampling_plugin.so
> libclam_samplebysample_plugin.so
> libclam_sndfile_plugin.so
> libclam_spacialization_plugin.so
> libclam_speech_plugin.so

ah :)

so as always DIY ...

ok, I'll try to build those plugins as clam-plugin sub-package. Would be nice
to have such things in the readme or INSTALL, or even better the main scons
call should trigger this build.

The order to build those plugins is also important, as they depend on some
other plugins.

The continuous_excitation_synth_plugin is not compilable at the moment and the
emporal_oboeSynthesizer plugin needs a additional #include <cstdlib> (atof) .

> The same scons scripts also install files in %{_libdir} to match each
> of these plugin libraries. I imagine these are what are packaged as
> clam-plugins in the debian/ubuntu packages.
>
> Anyway, these are the files that are missing at the moment.
yep.

> best regards
>
> -michael

have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 16:10:00 UTC

--
have fun
Toni
michael noble
2010-03-07 10:26:24 UTC
Hi Toni,

-michael
michael noble
2010-03-07 10:26:24 UTC
Hi Toni,

-michael
michael noble
2010-03-07 10:26:24 UTC
Hi Toni,

-michael
Toni
2010-03-07 09:06:14 UTC

--
have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 09:06:14 UTC

--
have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-07 09:06:14 UTC

--
have fun
Toni
michael noble
2010-03-07 04:23:59 UTC

-michael
michael noble
2010-03-07 04:23:59 UTC

-michael
michael noble
2010-03-07 04:23:59 UTC

-michael
David García Garzón
2010-03-06 19:53:51 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-06 19:53:51 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-06 19:53:51 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
Toni
2010-03-06 15:39:13 UTC

--
have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-06 15:39:13 UTC

--
have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-06 15:39:13 UTC

--
have fun
Toni
David García Garzón
2010-03-06 19:52:10 UTC
A Dissabte 06 Mar? 2010 12:18:30, Toni va escriure:
> Am Freitag, 5. M?rz 2010 schrieb David Garc?a Garz?n:
> > A Divendres 05 Mar? 2010 12:48:10, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > > A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 22:14:42, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:

> > > Failed. Current candidate r14018
> >
> > Got it! finally r14032 is 1.4.0!!!!!
> >
> > Source tarballs are available at the download page. Binaries will be
> > there in short.
> >
> > I was not able to build debian package for chordata because imagemagick
> > svg to xpm conversions is broken in sid. Not a big problem though.
> >
> > I also had to disable osc plugin as it was not direct to set it up so
> > that its dependency on the sndfile plugin library can be fullfilled
> > without installing it in the system. Anyway, packaging can be fixed
> > later and it is a miss that can stop the release. It took for so longer.
> >
> > Let's do screenshots, videos and the announcement!
>
> could you please add a option "libsuffix" to the scons options ?
> e.g.
> scons libsuffix="" (32bit)
> scons libsuffix="64" (64bit)
>
> for SuSE the lib-installation directory is /usr/lib/64 for libraries on
> 64bit machines, same for /usr/lib64/pkgconfig
>
> workaround for the moment:
> sed -i -e 's|/lib|/%{_lib}|g' scons/libs/clam_build_helpers.py

I guess that a similar change should be done in scons/sconstools/clam.py, in
the plugins and applications scons and in the search paths for the plugins in
src/Processing/Plugins. Too many files to my taste to apply that change.

I would like to have some kind of PKG_CONFIG_PATH magic, instead a scons var,
that would bring the current platform tension away. I guess that defining it in
the calling environment would solve the problem but i had problems trying to
bring it to the final pkg-config call from SCons in windows. If you send a patch
with your ideal files, i will try to merge them. No promise though.

> second note:
> in the desktop-files a extension for the icon is not allowed any longer :)

Pretty easy to change but patches are welcome if you already did it. I wonder
whether that is the freedesktop standard or just the SuSe policy. Can we apply
the change in general?

> packages are uploaded to our Build-Server :)

Cool! Should we add any url to the clam website?

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
Toni
2010-03-06 21:58:27 UTC
Am Samstag, 6. M?rz 2010 schrieb David Garc?a Garz?n:
> A Dissabte 06 Mar? 2010 12:18:30, Toni va escriure:
> > Am Freitag, 5. M?rz 2010 schrieb David Garc?a Garz?n:
> > > A Divendres 05 Mar? 2010 12:48:10, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:

> > > Got it! finally r14032 is 1.4.0!!!!!
> > >
> > > Source tarballs are available at the download page. Binaries will be
> > > there in short.
> > >
> > > I was not able to build debian package for chordata because imagemagick
> > > svg to xpm conversions is broken in sid. Not a big problem though.
> > >
> > > I also had to disable osc plugin as it was not direct to set it up so
> > > that its dependency on the sndfile plugin library can be fullfilled
> > > without installing it in the system. Anyway, packaging can be fixed
> > > later and it is a miss that can stop the release. It took for so
> > > longer.
> > >
> > > Let's do screenshots, videos and the announcement!
> >
> > could you please add a option "libsuffix" to the scons options ?
> > e.g.
> > scons libsuffix="" (32bit)
> > scons libsuffix="64" (64bit)
> >
> > for SuSE the lib-installation directory is /usr/lib/64 for libraries on
> > 64bit machines, same for /usr/lib64/pkgconfig
> >
> > workaround for the moment:
> > sed -i -e 's|/lib|/%{_lib}|g' scons/libs/clam_build_helpers.py
>
> I guess that a similar change should be done in scons/sconstools/clam.py,
> in the plugins and applications scons and in the search paths for the
> plugins in src/Processing/Plugins. Too many files to my taste to apply that
> change.
>
> I would like to have some kind of PKG_CONFIG_PATH magic, instead a scons
> var, that would bring the current platform tension away. I guess that
> defining it in the calling environment would solve the problem but i had
> problems trying to bring it to the final pkg-config call from SCons in
> windows. If you send a patch with your ideal files, i will try to merge
> them. No promise though.
should be the same problem with Fedora, they use pretty the same rules.

So you should find a solution for those 64bit installations, in the meanwhile
I can drop the 64bit packages to avoid problems with non-functional packages.

Installatin in /usr/lib for 64 bit packages is strictly forbidden and the
package build will abort, thats the reason I tried t figure out how to manage
the installation in /usr/lib64. But if the program itself is looking only
in /usr/lib we are lost for the moment.

I'll check other scons based packages I maintain who they slved this thing, if
I find some examples I can mail you the "magic".

> > second note:
> > in the desktop-files a extension for the icon is not allowed any longer
> > :)
>
> Pretty easy to change but patches are welcome if you already did it. I
> wonder whether that is the freedesktop standard or just the SuSe policy.
> Can we apply the change in general?
I know that Fedora and SuSE are using the same rules, and the rpmlint tool
states: "Warning: Icon extension in desktop-file."

I "patched" it with sed at package build-time. It is to much work to write for
everything a patch :)

> > packages are uploaded to our Build-Server :)
>
> Cool! Should we add any url to the clam website?
feel free to do so:

http://packman.links2linux.de/package/libclam
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-annotator
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-networkeditor
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-smstools
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-voice2midi

People can use the One-Click installer, it will install all necessary
dependencies. Or they can use the distribution package manger and add the
packman repsitory to their setup.

Or if you like you can copy the html-code for the one-click installer to your
website.

Its your decision :)

--
have fun
Toni
Toni
2010-03-06 21:58:27 UTC

Toni
Toni
2010-03-06 21:58:27 UTC

Toni
Toni
2010-03-06 21:58:27 UTC

Toni
michael noble

-michael
David García Garzón
2010-03-06 19:52:10 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
michael noble

-michael
David García Garzón
2010-03-06 19:52:10 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
michael noble

-michael
David García Garzón
2010-03-06 19:52:10 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-08 13:18:15 UTC
A Divendres 05 Mar? 2010 18:58:30, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> A Divendres 05 Mar? 2010 12:48:10, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 22:14:42, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > > A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 17:21:55, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > >
> > > 1.4.0 'tagged' as r14011
> > > Still building binaries...
> >
> > Failed. Current candidate r14018
>
> Got it! finally r14032 is 1.4.0!!!!!
>
> Source tarballs are available at the download page. Binaries will be there
> in short.
>
> I was not able to build debian package for chordata because imagemagick svg
> to xpm conversions is broken in sid. Not a big problem though.
>
> I also had to disable osc plugin as it was not direct to set it up so that
> its dependency on the sndfile plugin library can be fullfilled without
> installing it in the system. Anyway, packaging can be fixed later and it
> is a miss that can stop the release. It took for so longer.
>
> Let's do screenshots, videos and the announcement!

My first one:
http://84.88.76.195/~david.garcia/test/NetworkEditor140Features.avi

??' Dealing with videos in linux is a hell :-P

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
Toni
2010-03-06 11:18:30 UTC

Toni
David García Garzón
2010-03-08 13:18:15 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
Toni
2010-03-06 11:18:30 UTC

Toni
David García Garzón
2010-03-08 13:18:15 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
Toni
2010-03-06 11:18:30 UTC

Toni
David García Garzón
2010-03-08 13:18:15 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 17:58:30 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 17:58:30 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 17:58:30 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 09:35:34 UTC
A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 22:14:42, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 17:21:55, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > Lads, it is time for a release. Testfarm is green, changelogs are
> > updated, cross your fingers and hold your commits for a while. Say
> > cheeeeeese.
>
> 1.4.0 'tagged' as r14011
> Still building binaries...

Failed. Second try today.

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 11:48:10 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 09:35:34 UTC
A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 22:14:42, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 17:21:55, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > Lads, it is time for a release. Testfarm is green, changelogs are
> > updated, cross your fingers and hold your commits for a while. Say
> > cheeeeeese.
>
> 1.4.0 'tagged' as r14011
> Still building binaries...

Failed. Second try today.

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 11:48:10 UTC

http://www.iua.upf.edu/~dgarcia
David García Garzón
2010-03-05 09:35:34 UTC
A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 22:14:42, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> A Dijous 04 Mar? 2010 17:21:55, David Garc?a Garz?n va escriure:
> > Lads, it is time for a release. Testfarm is green, changelogs are
> > updated, cross your fingers and hold your commits for a while. Say
> > cheeeeeese.
>
> 1.4.0 'tagged' as r14011
> Still building binaries...

Failed. Second try today.